Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's been a while

Wow. February 19th. Really, that was the last time I posted? I can't believe it's already June! Thankfully, my training hasn't been as slack as my writing. I did my half-marathon in March and Wildflower Olympic triathlon in May (pictures coming) with relative success. The big daddy Half Iron man is looming closer and closer though; so I went and got myself a team and a personal coach and I'm well on my way to finishing my race! I'm so excited to have a team to practice with again. Let's face it, training on your own sucks. It's just so much easier to cut practice short and go have a beer when no one else is watching. Now, I swim bike run 6 days a week! This weekend's adventure was an open water swim at Shadow Cliffs followed by a 38 mile ride on Saturday and a 6 mile tempo run on Sunday. It seems like just yesterday that the thought of back to back days of training made me cower on the couch with a bottle of chardonnay and a list of excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment