Thursday, February 9, 2012

Running with dogs

I desperately needed to get in a run this morning. After doing nothing all week I was feeling bad and more than slightly nervous about the upcoming 8 miler this weekend. So I reluctantly put on my running shoes only to find two sad faces looking up at me waiting for their walk. So I decided to take the dogs with me. Four miles quickly became only 3 miles; but 3 miles of tangled leashes and tripping over 8 random legs stopping in front of me for no apparent reason felt like a lot more than 3 miles. I can honestly claim that running with my dogs is more like cross training than running. I feel like an honorary member of the Squirrel Chasing Prevention League; getting a great arms, shoulders and core workout while I wrangled my beastly crew down the streets of San Leandro. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment